Watch the time-lapse video of the new combined heat and power solution from IGS Generation at the Dublin, Ohio community Recreation Center.
Dublin Recreation Center
IGS Generation and the City of Dublin developed a CHP system at the City’s recreation center. The center sought better efficiency to power their facility using an onsite generation solution. By generating power near the point of consumption, capturing waste heat, and taking advantage of renewable resources, CHP uses energy in a smarter, more sustainable way. Using one fuel source, electricity and thermal energy are generated at the same time.
- Installed a 248 kW system onsite
- Meets 60% of the facility’s electrical demand
- Provides hot water and heating for indoor pools using waste heat from the engine
• System is twice as efficient as traditional power generation
• Delivers backup power during outages